I am a real veggie lover, this dish was made very quickly (prepping time 15 mins) after long day working and before Christmas holiday. All the veggies were left over in the fridge that means you can use below method for any grill veggie salad for a quick supper!
- half cauliflower (you can use broccoli too)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- bunch of asparagus (clean the tip and bottom, prepare the root well so not chewy bits)
- gem lettuce
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- grated ginger
- pinch of salt
- 3 table spoons of soy sauce
- 1 tea spoon brown suger
- 1 table spoons of white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 table spoons of sesame oil
- zest of one kumquat or half lemon – add the juice in too
- Pre heat the oven at 190 degree celsius & boil a pot of water.
- Prepare the veggies, clean, and cut them however you wish, set aside.
- Half all the cherry tomatoes, put them in a tray with a pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil, put them in the oven for 15 mins, it could be more or less time, but the tomatoes should not be burnt but only ooze with beautiful juice. Take them out when ready, set aside
- Add asparagus into the boiling water first for 5 minutes, then take them out with tongs, rinse them under cold water to remain the colour, mix them with the roast tomatoes.
- With the same boiling water, add all cauliflowers for 15 minutes, boil until they soft but still crunchy, drain them and rinse for few seconds, then drain them again, set aside.
- SAUCE: mix soy sauce with brown sugar, grated ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil together, then dice the kumquat and mix into the sauce all together. This should give you a very fragrant and flavoured salad sauce, set aide.
- In your serving dish, place all the gem lettuce nicely at the bottom, then place the boiled cauliflowers into the dish, followed by adding the roasted tomatoes with braised asparagus, then add the sauce, toss them well, then add some pomegranate seeds. Voila! Yum!